- How to wear a Kilt
- A gentlemen's kilt closes right apron to left buckle through the
hole and fastened to the left buckle. The left apron to the
right fastened the waist and hip buckles, fringed edge and kilt pin
to the right. The Kilt should come to the centre of your knees and
sit well up on your natural waist. When fastening the waist
if the tartan lines pulls you have it too tight, let it rest on your
hips. The pleats should be at the back of the kilt.
- The sporran should be centered to the front of the kilt, 3 fingers
below the waistcoat, or belt, be careful that it does not hang too
low. The strap should fasten to the rear and rest on the hips.
- Kilt Hose
- The kilt hose (socks) should be 2 to 3 fingers below the knee cap.
- These should be worn on the outside of the leg, bringing the sock
turnover down to cover half the double loop of the flash.
- Sgian Dhub
- The sgian Dhub (black knife) is normally worn down the right sock,
although a left handed person could wear it on the left leg. Only
the top inch should show above the sock.
- Ghillie Brogues
- To tie the laces on the Ghille Brogue, cross the laces, pull them
tight in a simple knot. Then twist three times and pull tight again
to create a vertical thong. Now pass the laces around the back
of the ankle and bring to the front and tie a normal bow, the remaining
lace and toggles should hang to the front.